Our aim is always to provide an exceptionally high level of service to all of our customers.
Where customers feel they have cause to raise a complaint it is important to us that these are dealt with objectively, fairly and within an acceptable time frame.
The following procedure explains how we should deal with complaints, our commitments to our customers and how we manage a complaint that has not been resolved to the customers satisfaction.
How customers raise a complaint to us
To help us investigate and resolve a customer issue as quickly as possible, they can contact us by telephone or in writing. The complaint will be delegated to the correct person internally in the quickest possible time.
Our complaints contact details are:
phone: 01782 562246
post: Adept Vehicle Management Limited, Kingsley House, Apedale Road, Rowhurst Industrial Estate, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, ST5 68H
What information do we need from the customer?
To assist us in resolving a customer complaint efficiently it would be helpful if they could provide the following information:
• Customer full name and preferred contact details
• Customer order reference or vehicle registration number
• Full details of the complaint
• Copies of relevant paperwork
• Photographic evidence of any complaint relating to vehicle damage/defects where applicable
• Details of what the customer expectations are to resolve the complaint/ issue
• Any other information that the customer thinks is relivant
Please note: If a customer appoints a third party to act on their behalf we cannot discuss any aspect of a customer contract with them until we receive direct permission in writing or from a personal email address or in writing to the above address.
What we do if we receive a complaint from a customer
Any complaint, verbal or written, will be allocated to the most appropriate Complaints Handler.
We will always try to resolve your complaint immediately. However, sometimes this may not be possible. In all cases we will implement the following process:
- A customer case reference will be allocated their customer account
- We will give the customer the name and title of the person handling the complaint
- We will send the customer written acknowledgment within 3 working days of receiving a their complaint
- We must make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
- Fully investigate the customer complaint with reference to other AVM departments, AVM staff and third parties where relevant
- Keep the customer informed and fully updated regarding any progress
- Discuss with the customer our findings and our proposed response
- Our aim will be to send a final written response within ten working days but no later than eight weeks as required by the Financial Conduct Authority
Adviser or Provider
Customers sometimes express dissatisfaction to us about their product provider/funder. In this scenario, we should establish whether the complaint relates solely to the advice or service given by Adept Vehicle Management or the service/performance of the funder/product provider or vehicle manufacturer. If unclear, this should not delay investigation and regardless of cause we will proceed with our own investigation. The case manager will review this matter and take the complaint directly to the third party, if appropriate, in consultation with you. In cases where third parties have clearly caused the issue we will refer the matter promptly to the third party, providing the customer with a written explanation of why we have done so and their contact details.
The Directors will work with the relevant department managers to establish the nature and scope of the customer complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority's direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is Adept Vehicle Management Limited policy to treat all complainants the same, however, certain types of complaints fall within the scope of FCA rules and consequently within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
FCA Complaints Rules
- Complaints made by or on behalf of an eligible complainants are essentially individuals and certain small businesses.
- The Complainant must relate to the provision of or failure to provide a financial service or a redress determination and;
- The Complainant must allege that they have suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience
This will set out clearly the Adept Vehicle Management Limited decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
Where appropriate we are required to include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service together with the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association) Conciliation Service in the final response. If dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we should:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether we consent to waive the relevant time limits
Complaints settled within 3 business days
Complaints that can be settled to customer satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently. Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to a customers satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send them a Summary Resolution Communication, being a written communication from us which:
- Refers to the fact that a customer has made a complaint and informs us that they now consider the complaint to have been resolved to their satisfaction,
- We will tell the customer that if they subsequently decide that they are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint that we may be able to refer the complaint internally for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service (depending on the type of complaint)
- Indicates if we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the relevant addresses of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service
Closing a complaint
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to the customer. This doesn't prevent the customer from exercising rights they have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
What to do if a customer is not happy with a decision
If a customer has a regulated consumer credit contract arranged by us and are not satisfied with our Final Response, they may be eligible to refer the matter either to the Financial Ombudsman or to the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If relevant then they can refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service - This must be done within six months of our final response. When we send a final response, we will also provide a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
We should co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by them.
The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling a mobile) or 0207 964 0500 (if calling from abroad).
BVRLA Conciliation Service
As a Leasing Broker member of the British Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) we may refer any unresolved disputes to them.
The BVRLA is approved by Government as a Consumer ADR body under the Alternative Dispute Resolution For Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and lnformation) Regulations 2015.
The BVRLA Conciliation Service will investigate potential breaches of the BVRLA Code of Conduct and will aim to resolve matters using information presented by both parties to the dispute. Any information requested from Adept Vehicle Management Limited will be sent to the BVRLA within five working days. Based on the information available, the BVRLA will provide both parties with its findings and recommendations.
The BVRLA aims to resolve complaints through their Conciliation Service within 30 days and members must comply with the Conciliation Service's findings.
A customer can send any complaint to the BVRLA in writing via:
Details should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If a customer does not have access to email, details can be sent by post to:
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
If you have any questions relating to Adept Vehicle Management Limiteds' handling process, please contact on 01782 562246 or email email@example.com
Complaints Handling Procedure
It is the aim of Adept Vehicle Management to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what a customer can do if they think their complaint has not been resolved to their satisfaction.
If you have a complaint:
If a customer has a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from them. They can contact us by telephone or in writing and their complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person in the shortest possible time. To help us to investigate and resolve a customers concerns as quickly as possible, you should in the first instance direct the customer to the department or person in which they have been dealing with.
We will try to resolve the complaint immediately; however, sometimes, this may not be possible. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we should keep the customer informed of the progress of our investigations and provide our final response in writing providing our findings and the action to rectify the issue.
To register a complaint, the customer can contact us by either:
calling us on 01782 562246
or write to us at Kingsley House, Apedale Road, Rowhurst Industrial Estate , Newcastle-UnderLyme, ST5 6BH
If they have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, they may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. They must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we should also provide them with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page of our website.