Our aim is always to provide an exceptionally high level of service to all of our customers.
Where customers feel they have cause to raise a complaint it is important to us that these are dealt with objectively, fairly and within an acceptable time frame.
The following procedure explains how we deal with complaints, our commitments to you and what redress you have if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you.
How to tell us if you have a complaint
To help us investigate and resolve your issue as quickly as possible, you can contact us by telephone or in writing. The most appropriate person will handle your complaint in the quickest possible time.
Our complaints contact details are:
calling us on 01782 562246
or write to us at Adept Vehicle Management Limited, Independent House, Apedale Road, Rowhurst Industrial Estate , Newcastle-Under-Lyme, ST5 68H
What information do we need to address your complaint?
To assist us in resolving your complaint efficiently it would be helpful if you could provide the following information:
- Your full name and preferred contact details
- Your order or vehicle registration number
- Full details of your complaint
- Copies of relevant paperwork
- Photographic evidence of any complaint relating to vehicle damage/defects where applicable
- What you expect us to do to put things right
- Any other information that you think may be relevant
Please note: If you appoint a third party to act on behalf we cannot discuss any aspect of your contract with them until we receive your permission in writing or from your personal email address or in writing to the above address.
What we do if we receive a complaint from you
Any complaint, verbal or written, will be allocated it to the most appropriate Complaints Handler.
We will always try to resolve your complaint immediately. However, sometimes this may not be possible. In all cases we will implement the following process:
- Your case reference will be your order number
- We will give you the name and title of the person handling your complaint
- We will send you written acknowledgement within 3 working days of receiving your complaint
- Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
- Fully investigate your complaint with reference to other AVM departments, AVM staff and third parties where relevant
- Keep you informed and fully updated regarding any progress
- Discuss with you our findings and our proposed response
- Our aim will be to send you our final written response within ten working days but no later than eight weeks as required by the Financial Conduct Authority
Adviser or Provider
Customers sometimes express dissatisfaction to us about their product provider/funder. In this scenario, we will establish whether your complaint relates solely to the advice or service given by Adept Vehicle Management or the service/performance of your funder/product provider or vehicle manufacturer. If unclear, this should not delay investigation and regardless of cause we will proceed with our own investigation. Your case manager will review this matter and take the complaint directly to the third party, if appropriate, in consultation with you. In cases where third parties have clearly caused the issue we will refer the matter promptly to the third party, providing you with a written explanation of why we have done so and their contact details.
The Directors will work with the relevant department managers to establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority's direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is Adept Vehicle Management Limited policy to treat all complainants the same, however, certain types of complaints fall within the scope of FCA rules and consequently within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
FCA Complaints Rules
- Complaints made by or on behalf of an eligible complainants are essentially individuals and certain small businesses.
- The Complainant must relate to the provision of or failure to provide a financial service or a redress determination and;
- The Complainant must allege that they have suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience
This will set out clearly the Adept Vehicle Management Limited decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
Where appropriate we are required to include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service together with the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association) Conciliation Service in the final response. If dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we will:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether we consent to waive the relevant time limits
Complaints settled within 3 business days
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently. Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a Summary Resolution Communication, being a written communication from us which:
- Refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction,
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service (depending on the type of complaint)
- Indicates if we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the relevant addresses of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service
Closing a complaint
We wil consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
What to do if you are not happy with our decision
If you have a regulated consumer credit contract arranged by us and are not satisfied with our Final Response, you may be eligible to refer the matter either to the Financial Ombudsman or to the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If relevant then you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service - you must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you a final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by them.
You can contact the Financial Ombudsman at the following address:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling a mobile) or 0207 964 0500 (if calling from abroad).
BVRLA Conciliation Service
As a Leasing Broker member of the British Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) you or Nationwide Vehicle Contracts LTD may refer any unresolved disputes to them.
The BVRLA is approved by Government as a Consumer ADR body under the Alternative Dispute Resolution For Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities andlnformation) Regulations 2015.
The BVRLA Conciliation Service will investigate potential breaches of the BVRLA Code of Conduct and will aim to resolve matters using information presented by both parties to the dispute. Any information requested from Adept Vehicle Management Limited will be sent to the BVRLA within five working days. Based on the information available, the BVRLA will provide both parties with its findings and recommendations.
The BVRLA aims to resolve complaints through their Conciliation Service within 30 days and members must comply with the Conciliation Service's findings.
You can send any complaint to the BVRLA in writing via:
Details should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to email, details can be sent by post to:
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
If you have any questions relating to Adept Vehicle Management Limiteds' handling process, please contact on 01782 562246 or email email@example.com
Complaints Handling Procedure
It is the aim of Adept Vehicle Management to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint:
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone or in writing and your complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person in the shortest possible time. To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you should in the first instance contact the department with which you have been dealing.
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes, this may not be possible. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations and provide our final response in writing providing our findings and the action to then take.
To register a complaint contact us by either:
calling us on 01782 562246
or write to us at Independent House, Apedale Road, Rowhurst Industrial Estate , Newcastle-UnderLyme, ST5 6BH
If you have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page of our website.